- Open researcher positions: up to 4 Doctoral Student Positions in the Karl Popper Kolleg (Doctoral School) entitled ”Networked Autonomous Aerial Vehicles“ (open until 26 July 2017)
- Open researcher position: “Universitätsassistentin/Universitätsassistent” in the MMC Research Group (open until 9 August 2017)
The research group “Multimedia Communication (MMC)” was founded and is being led by Prof. Hermann Hellwagner. In addition, the group currently comprises one associate professor (Christian Timmerer), two university assistants, two project researchers, and two administrative and technical staff members.
The research activities of the group are in the areas of
- Multimedia communication and QoS/QoE provisioning
- Adaptive video streaming: Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH)
- Use of Scalable Video Coding (SVC) technology
- Multimedia content distribution in Information-Centric Networks (ICN)
- QoE beyond audio-visual perception: sensory experience
- Standardization within ISO/IEC MPEG
- Multimedia in disaster management
The focus of the MMC group is clearly on adaptive delivery of audio-visual contents.
The projects being pursued by the group typically contribute to the Content-Aware Networks area of Future Internet research. As one aspect, we are currently investigating the use of Scalable Video Coding (SVC) technology in such networks.
The group actively participates in several international and national research projects on all levels, ranging from basic research to application-oriented projects and direct cooperation with industry.
In teaching, the MMC group covers the technical courses of the Informatics study programme such as Computer Organization, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Servers and Clusters, Multimedia Technology, and Adaptive Media Streaming.